Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fashionista

For the most part, I feel like it has been pretty easy to find maternity clothes that I can still feel stylish in. Cute jeans, fun tops, flowy dresses... it's really not be that bad. I've enjoyed showing off my new, rounder figure.
However, I hit a low (but funny) point last week when Josh and I decided to take Jola for a walk.
So far, I've only purchased one new pair of work out shorts. They were not maternity, just a larger size. When I went to find clothes for the walk, I realized my one pair of shorts were in the dirty clothes. So, my sweet husband offered to let me borrow his men's XL mesh shorts. I was shocked when I realized his shorts actually fit! Then, to make it worse I had to put on one of his shirts - and my belly totally filled it up too! Considering Josh is not a small guy - I couldn't believe we could be sharing clothes. (I had read in a maternity book that eventually pregnant women outgrow their husband's clothes - at the time, this idea seemed impossible to me considering our original size difference... however, now I think I wasn't giving the author the credit she deserves!)
To be honest, I was more upset that I had to wear this unflattering outfit on our walk (even though the chance of us running into anyone we actually know are very slim) than I was that I could fit into his clothes. I just could not do it - we couldn't stop laughing at my new outfit long enough to get out the door. I think even Jola would have been embarrassed. I finally settled on a slim fitting shirt that at least showed I was expecting and not just style challenged... there wasn't much I could do about the shorts.
You're probably wondering why you don't see a picture of my beautiful outfit...but since I couldn't bring myself to wear it out, I definitely couldn't take a picture and post it online;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment