I've told you guys how much I enjoy feeling Baby Bart's fierce kicks/punches, so when they stopped for 2 days I started to get worried. I could still feel Baby B move, but the feeling was more like the original "flutters" that I felt in the beginning and they had moved from my mid-belly back to my low belly. I txted Amanda, my wonderful midwife, and asked her if I should just drink caffeine and see if Baby starts moving. She said try that and if I was still worried go on in to see the doctor.
So, I drank a coke with lunch and sat at my desk for the next 45 mins waiting on the kicking/jabbing to start...but, nothing. So, I called the nurse at the office and called Amanda and they both said I should get checked out for peace of mind. (It was Friday afternoon, so they didn't think I'd want to wait until Monday) Unfortunately the doctor's office closes at 2pm on Fridays and it was 1:45 after my coke test, so I had to go to the hospital.
Josh and I went in and they listened to Baby Bart's heartbeat. It took forever to find it, but thankfully they finally found it super low in my belly. And, because of Baby B's position, they couldn't hold on to it for more than 30 seconds at a time. So, we realized Baby B had just got himself/herself into a cozy new position. We were able to get an ultrasound to see that the Baby's bum is sitting at the base of my belly with it's body folded up on top. I guess it takes after it's mom and likes to sleep in funny positions.
It was great to see Baby Bart again and hear that everything looks great! (I'll try to post ultra sound pics later)
But, I must admit, I felt pretty embarrassed (okay, really embarrassed) and silly for worrying. But, as Josh said, better for me to be embarrassed than for Baby B to not be doing well.
I feel like I've been pretty laid back to this point, but I guess I just needed the reassurance yesterday that all was okay. Hopefully, I'll be able to relax and be chill moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment